When Drupal 6 is installed, the following modules are already available and activated.
- Block - Controls the boxes that are displayed around the main content
- Filter - Handles the filtering of content in preparation for display
- Node - Allows content to be submitted to the site and displayed on pages
- System - Handles general site configuration for administrators
- User - Manages the user registration and login system
- Color - Allows the user to change the colour scheme of certain themes
- Comment - Allows users to comment on and discuss published content
Required by: Forum (disabled), Tracker (disabled)
- Database logging - Logs and records system events to the database.
- Help - Manages the display of online help.
- Menu - Allows administrators to customize the site navigation menu.
- Taxonomy - Enables the categorization of content.
Required by: Forum (disabled)
- Update status - Checks the status of available updates for Drupal and your installed modules and themes.
Modules to activate
Recommended modules to activate are:
- Blog - Enables keeping easily and regularly updated user web pages or blogs
- Book - Allows users to structure site pages in a hierarchy or outline
- Path - Allows users to rename URLs
- Search - Enables site-wide keyword searching
- Statistics - Logs access statistics for your site
- Ping - Alerts other sites when your site has been updated
- Trigger - Enables actions to be fired on certain system events, such as when new content is created
In case of a multi-language website, activate:
- Content translation - Allows content to be translated into different languages.
Depends on: Locale (disabled) * Locale - Adds language handling functionality and enables the translation of the user interface to languages other than English.
Required by: Content translation (disabled)